The Program Committee invites proposals for workshops, to be held at
KI-2002. The workshops are intended to offer the opportunity for the
in-depth discussion of specific topics and the informal exchange of
novel ideas in an inspiring atmosphere. Workshop proposals from all
subfields of Artificial Intelligence are invited. Proposals reflecting
the special focus of KI-2002 - multiagent systems, semantic web, and
knowledge discovery - are particularly encouraged.
Workshops may be held in German or English. Workshop organizers may
limit the number of participants. Hard copies of the working notes
will be made available at the main conference. To cover costs, these
hard copies will be charged in addition to the main conference
registration fee. Workshop organizers should also consider the
possibility to electronically publish their working notes. Note that
workshop participants and organizers must register for the main
Anyone wishing to organize a workshop is asked to email a proposal
(in plain text format and up to three pages) not later than January
31, 2002, to the Workshop Chair. Proposals should provide the
- TITLE of the proposed workshop.
- Description of the workshop CONTENTS (the issues on which it
concentrates, its main goals, its relevance, and its target
- Description of workshop FORMAT (plans for the workshop agenda,
intended workshop length - typically half-day or full-day -,
and planned events such as invited talks, panels and discussion
- Description of the workshop ORGANIZATION (organizational schedule,
plans for encouraging submissions and selecting papers, strategies
for recruiting participants, and other ideas on how to increase the
- Full contact address of the PRIMARY WORKSHOP ORGANIZER (name,
email address, postal address, phone number, and fax number).
- Members of the ORGANIZING COMMITTEE, if available (names, email
addresses, and postal addresses).
- ESTIMATED NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS and, if available, list of
TENTATIVELY CONFIRMED ATTENDEES.
The organizers of each accepted workshop will be responsible for
- Producing and distributing a Call for Participation for their
workshop. This call must make clear that all participants are
required to register for the main conference.
- Reviewing papers submitted to their workshop and deciding on
- Providing two complete copy-ready copies of the working notes
(each less than 100 pages).
- Providing a list of audio-visual requirements and room
The KI-2002 organizers will handle the following
- Announcement of the workshop program as a whole.
- Registration of workshop participants.
- Provision of rooms and presentation equipment.
- Duplication of the working notes.
Important Workshop Deadlines at a Glance
|Workshop proposals ||January 31, 2002
|Notification ||February 28, 2002
|Call for participation || March 17, 2002
|Copy of working notes || July 31, 2002 (tendatively)
|List of requirements ||July 31, 2002 (tendatively)
|Workshop dates || Sept 16-20, 2002
Please send any questions concerning the workshops to the
Institut fuer Informatik
Technische Universitaet Muenchen